Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Canada's Party???

So the Canadian election has been called and I figured I would go read the various party sites and see what bull they are offering us, the poor voting public, to try and buy...I mean bribe...I mean convince us into voting for their candidate. So I started off by visiting the Conservative Party of Canada web site. I discovered that the party doesn't consider the NWT part of Canada. At least we are not listed in their database. Put in the postal code for Inuvik and you get “The postal code you entered was not found in our database. Please check it and try again.” Now how can a party (and one that I support) forget to make sure that the entire postal code listing for Canada is in the database. Come on guys...get with it or my vote might have to go somewhere else (not Liberal).

I decided that if the Conservatives had this problem then maybe some of the others might also forget we are here. I checked the Liberals web site. Nope, they think we are part of Canada. But then again they should. The one vote from the NWT always goes to the Liberal candidate Ethel Blondin-Andrew. So next I checked the NDP web site. Damn, they too know who we are. Next on the list was the Green Party of Canada. They too know who we are. Well surely the Canadian Action Party doesn't know who we are. Wrong, they do too. There is no candidate for the riding but they want to know if I want to be their candidate. hmmm...Let me think on that. Anyway, do all the other parties know who we are? Let's continue to push on. Next it was on to the Canadian Heritage Party website. They don't have a postal code search that I could find but at least they have the Western Arctic riding listed even though they don't have a candidate. They don't however want to know if I want to be their candidate. That's okay, I really don't know their platform (if they have one). On to the next one on the list. Aha!!! Surely those red/pinko commies don't know we are here. Sure enough. The Communist Party of Canada doesn't have a search and only have listed ridings where they have a candidate. That's good to know. No chance of a comrade MP from the NWT. Next I checked out the stoners party known as the Marijuana Party. Yes you read that right. Joint central of Canada. Damn...no chance of a stoner MP as it appears they only run candidates in Ontario and Quebec. Hahaha, that figures. I knew the stink coming out of Ottawa at times couldn't be from the Liberals (or could it). Next it was on to another pinko commie party. The Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada. No way could they know who we were. Well after looking at this horrible site for 5 minutes I couldn't find any place to search for candidates...I couldn't even find a list of ridings or candidates. I assume they won't have an NWT candidate, at least I hope not. Continuing my journey it was on to the Progressive Canadian Party. This is the bunch of sore losers who didn't want to join the Conservative Party of Canada when the Progressive Conservatives and the Canadian Alliance Parties joined last year. They too don't have a search or list of candidates. Last and least there was the Bloc Quebecois. oops, maybe I should say Bloc Québécois. I guess I better spell it correctly as not to offend anyone. I checked the site even though we knew that they only had candidates from Québéc and really don't care about the rest of Canada. Checking proved us correct.

Well it appears that most of the larger parties knew who we were or where we were at least. Hopefully the nasty e-mail I sent to the Conservative party will wake them up and have them include us in their database. If they don't do it soon I may have to look for an alternative choice. Green Party anyone? Keep checking for more insight into the Canadian election and afterwards as we look forward to the US election.

COMMENT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep trying just pound back a case 24 bud at a party and you'll get the attention. It's the Canadian way {ahhh}.

Anonymous said...

and one more thing stop sending people from the states to hunt in Canada, i see them with semi auto assualt riffles shooting deer, geese and anything that moves. Nah I'm just kidding, or am I?....{AHHHHHHHHHHHH}